End of last week, Microsoft released Lync Server 2010 Best Practices Analyzer and now it is available for download from this URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=030548df-0dc7-4f86-b8a9-2f5ec8de8ba5&displaylang=en and the tool documentation in this URL http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg558584.aspx.
You can use Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Best Practices Analyzer to identify and resolve problems with your Lync Server deployment. The Lync Server 2010, Best Practices Analyzer gathers configuration information from Lync Server 2010 components.
With the proper network access, the Best Practices Analyzer can examine servers running Active Directory Domain Services, Exchange Server Unified Messaging (UM), and Lync Server. You can use Best Practices Analyzer to do the following:
- Proactively perform checks, verifying that the configuration is set according to recommended best practices.
- Automatically detect required updates to Lync Server 2010.
- Generate a list of issues, such as suboptimal configuration settings, unsupported options, missing updates, or practices that we do not recommend.
- Help you troubleshoot and fix specific problems.
Best Practices Analyzer provides the following features:
- Minimal installation prerequisites.
- Online documentation about reported issues, including troubleshooting tips.
- Configuration information that you can save for later review.
- State-of-the-art system analysis.
- Download Lync Server 2010 Planning Tool: http://blogs.technet.com/b/meamcs/archive/2011/02/10/download-lync-server-2010-planning-tool.aspx
- Download Lync Server 2010 Cumulative Updates: http://blogs.technet.com/b/meamcs/archive/2011/01/24/lync-2010-cumulative-updates.aspx
- Lync Server Open Interoperability program: http://blogs.technet.com/b/meamcs/archive/2011/01/10/lync-server-open-interoperability-program-oip.aspx