one of the great capabilities provided by the ESB is the ability to create a very scalable yet dynamic receive port , this port can be as generic to accept any XML message without the need to pass the itinerary , in other words we can create a web method that can accept any XML message as input parameter for the web method which is subscribed to your ESB engine.
This can be done using BizTalk Web Services Publishing wizard BTSWebSvcWiz.exe , this post will walk you through the steps to create a Generic ESB Receive port:
- Browse to the publishing wizard, C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010BTSWebSvcWiz.exe
2. In this step we will create a web service using “publish XML schema as a web Service” option
3. now we need to define the Request schema type (input schema) for the web method to accept any schema type , to do this configure the receive port to use (Microfsoft.Xlang.XmlBase) by selecting “Select schema type”
now in order to be able to pickup any schema type you need to browse and pick up the BaseTypes.dll from : C:Program Files (x76)Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 and pick the Microsoft.XLANGs.BaseTypes.dll
4. Publish the port under IIS and place it under the desired web application
5. Now go to BizTalk and configure the port to subscribe to a particular Itinerary as displayed :
Note : it can be any resolver like (BRE) for instance. BRE:\policy=PolicyName
You must log in to post a comment.