During configuring content deployment between pre-production environment and live environment we faced the following issue that caused a failure in content deployment job.The list of content deployment jobs is accessed from central administration in general application settings section
During troubleshooting we have noticed that some features with prefix PWS that are related to project server are displaying in $Resources format instead of clear names as indicated below:
another note is that In top level site collection there is a list created by default as part of the publishing site template called Issues , all fields are displaying in $Resources format as well as indicated below
By clicking the columns in the Issues list one corrupted column is causing a problem called $Resources:FieldTitle_Links, by clicking on “delete this invalid field” error page is getting displayed with internal error without having any details in SharePoint logs or in event viewer!
This common name for the field that causing the problem seems to be “related issues”, the current environment is upgraded from SharePoint 2007 version.
we found that this could be fixed by deleting the Issues list and recreating it using Issue Tracking List as indicated below
The new list has everything working fine and column names are displaying correctly ,the list were empty in our case so no information is lost
Now re running content deployment succeeded from pre-production to production environment
You must log in to post a comment.